The earliest records of this villa date back to 1517. In 1651, it passed into the hands of Oliviero and Lelio Orsetti, who redesigned the garden in the Baroque style. In the early 19th century Elisa Baciocchi Bonaparte, Napoleon's sister, bought the villa and some surrounding land and redesigned the late-Renaissance Orsetti villa in the Neoclassical style and the garden in the Romantic style. After the Napoleonic period, the property passed first into the hands of the Bourbons and then to the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, to the Crown, to the Bourbons of Capua and finally, in 1923, to the Pecci-Blunt family, who restored the building and the garden.
--Info from: http://www.lucca.info/villa_reale_di_marlia_en.htm
17th Century (1600 - 1699 CE) 18th Century (1700 - 1799 CE) Neoclassical